Monday, February 1, 2010

When the boys come home...

The thing about The Boys of Summer is they really like each other. They enjoy each other and have lots of fun together. They have many plans for the future, one of which is for the three of them to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro when Matthew graduates from high school and turns 18. I try to pretend it isn't going to happen, but if I know them, it will.

Aaron and Josh came home this weekend to plan our trip to Yosemite National Park. We are going at the end of March and it's sounding like it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm not sold on the midnight hike up Half Dome to see the sunrise yet, but I am participating in the moonlight snowshoe hike.

When the boys come home you never know what is going to happen. I looked out the kitchen window and saw this:



















So tell me, what's a mother to do? This is Aaron trying out his new equipment for his ice climbing trip to New Hampshire later this month.

I just shake my head and wait for the next grand adventure with the Boys of Summer.

1 comment:

  1. I like these pictures much better than the ones of them climbing really high mountains and rocks. Those are scary! In fact I think this should be a rule...everytime you or Aaron or Josh feel the need to post a picture of them climing a really mountain or rock...just post these again!!

    Love you!
    Meghan :)

    ReplyDelete