Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some Memories Don't Need Any Pictures

God knew what he was doing when He blessed me with my boys of summer. Because in His infinite wisdom he knew that although I wasn't girl mother material I needed girls in my life. He poured into my life joy, love, laughter, grace, wisdom, sentimentality, sugar and spice and everything nice when he gave me my nieces. Meghan, Ginny, and Hannah have fulfilled my need for a daughter in ways that are too numerous too count.

In the early years of my marriage that still lasts, Dick traveled a lot. Matthew wasn't born yet and Aaron and Josh were spending every other weekend with their dad. Those three girls spent many a night at my house and oh, the fun we had! What ever I suggested, they were good for. I used to take them shopping, into all the "girlie" places that I never had a reason to shop in. We would go for dinner and I'll always remember the home "spa" treatments we had. I'll never forget the night the possum scared us. I have even had the honor of shopping for a wedding dress, something I didn't think I would ever do.

Over the years the girls did exactly what they were suppose to do, they grew up. They grew up into beautiful, smart, warm and loving young women. Our time together isn't as often as it used to be, but it is as dear to me now as it was then. I am so very thankful they, and their parents, Joy and Tom, and Micky are willing to share them with me.

It amazes me that now I can find very very few pictures of our times together. But some memories don't need pictures. I only have to close my eyes and think of the things we shared and the smile on my face is as big now and it was when the memory was made.

I love you Meghan, Ginny and Hannah!

Aunt Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment